Yesterday I finally got my Flyscooter IL Bello. I picked it up after work. The dealer gave me an explanation of how it works. I signed some stuff and paid them some money. Then they had me take a spin around the parking lot to prove that I was capable of driving it. Then they sent me on my way. Nina followed me home to make sure I made it ok. Nina said that I was driving painfully slow, but I swear I was doing the speed limit. I guess it just feels like you're going faster than you really are when you're out in the open like that. Plus, the guy at the shop said that the speedometer is only slightly accurate. Besides, it was my first time driving it, so I was allowed to be a little cautious.
It's a pretty sweet scooter. The paint is iridescent. Sometimes you can see red sparkle in it, and sometimes it looks green. It gets 75 miles per gallon. I got insurance for it, and it cost me a whopping $100 for the entire year. Sweet.
I have not driven it to work yet. I want to tool around the neighborhood for a few days before I go all out and drive it to work. My job is about 9 miles away, and it's all on city streets. I mapped out a course that takes me on the least busiest streets, so it should be pretty easy. The only thing that will suck will be driving it home in the afternoon when it's 110 degrees outside. I will start next week. I think it will take some getting used to. It's much different than driving a car. You are much more exposed. Bumps and potholes are much more important to avoid. But I think it's a good investment. It will save money in gas, and it's fun to drive.
Here are a few pictures. Mike, you can keep your gay jokes to yourself because I know you're thinking of some more.
In other news, we went camping last weekend. We decided to get away from the heat, at least for one night. So we went to Tucson. You might say that going to Tucson to escape the heat makes no sense at all. Well, in fact, it does. There is a mountain in Tucson called Mount Lemon. If you drive up this mountain, you gain many thousands of feet in elevation. The landscape changes from desert to pine forest. The temperature drops many degrees, and the views become spectacular. So we decided to go camping and do a little hiking on Mount Lemon.
Our campsite
That's all from AZ.
-Brian
6 comments:
Looks awesome.
Please promise you'll get a shirt that says, "If you can read this, my bitch fell off". And wear it to work everyday. Please.
Sweet!! Happy scootering!! ;)
you should combine these entries and ride your scooter to Mt.Lemon. Just sayin....
I don't think it looks gay. But the helmet does.
I laughed out loud Becky, I have never seen this shirt but I would LOVE it if Brian gets one. Hint... his Birthday IS coming up.
The scooter looks great. Can't wait to see it. Are you going to get a scooter tattoo, like the harley guys get? An eagle or something that says live to ride.
When riding, don't bugs fly into your face and mouth? And lizards? And scorpions?
Post a Comment