Monday, February 04, 2008

Uphill Both Ways

I swear we are always walking uphill. Its so frickin annoying. I am not particularly fond of climbing mountains, but alas, the best views are up there.

We are in the middle of training for our hike to Havasu Falls. Every weekend we hike, mostly uphill.

This weekend we did a wonderful 8.5 mile hike. And just for shits and giggles we picked a loop with a thrilling 1300 foot elevation gain at the beginning. We hiked up the mountain, followed the ridge, and after 4 miles, headed back down. The other 4 miles was nice and flat.

Always walking up a hill

Not only was it a stunning day out, but the green hillsides were so beautiful. Oh, and, AND, there were wildflowers. They have begun, its so exciting.

We could easily be in Ireland, but the cacti tip it off


So basically this blog is to rub in the fact that its green here and the fact that we were just graced with the presence of Paris Hilton in Phoenix.

The valley below

We hiked across that ridge


-Nina

2 comments:

beckyd said...

Hey- that's the mountain from the Super Bowl!

Anonymous said...

I don't walk uphill. I have my people do it for me.