Thursday, August 14, 2008

Things You Can't Get In Arizona

1. Hellman's Mayonnaise - It's called Best Foods Mayonnaise here.
2. Yuengling beer - Apparently you can't get it west of the Mississippi.
3. Panera Bread - The most awesome semi-fast food restaurant in the United States has chosen not to open any restaurants in AZ.
4. Ken's Italian Dressing - You would think Italian would be their most common dressing, but here in AZ we can get every flavor except for regular old Italian.
5. Caught in a tornado.
6. Blown away by a hurricane.
7. Live TV - Live broadcasts are only live for Eastern Time. We get Saturday Night Live 2 hours later. The Olympics are not live. The Grammy's are not live. The Superbowl, however, is live.

-Brian

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow you guys kind of miss out on some sweet stuff....no italian dressing, i might die without that...and I thought panera was opening up there? no live t.v. either? that's bunk....
you can't get humidity there either...but you and Nina are super stoked about that! score for AZ!

Erin said...

I would never in a million years recommend eating here, BUT, recently one of my co-workers picked it for our monthly luncheon...Ruby Tuesday's has Yuengling on their menu. I was shocked! You can't get it in Minnesota either. I would call first, no sense in going to that crapfest for anything else (sorry, if you actually like eating there - it just made me sick when I ate there). Minnesotans love all things chain restaurant. I was on a trip recently with 9 people and 4 of them mentioned chains as their favorite place to eat (Chili's, Applebees, Perkins and Fridays - seriously!)

Anonymous said...

An MTO from Sheetz.........