Sunday, December 21, 2008

The House is Painted - Like Anyone Cares

So.........we had the exterior of our house painted this week. We do most things ourselves, but painting the exterior of a house is a big job, and the painter guy that we hired gave us a deal we couldn't refuse.

The house used to be a sort of pink color. Now it is tan with a brown trim color. The main color and the trim color are not as different as we thought they would be, but we think it looks good. So here are some pictures.


The front - before

The back - before (before we installed the door too)

The front - after (that's my finger at the top, oops)

The back - after

Now the roof tiles don't match the house. I guess we will have to spend $40,000 on a new roof. That's how much concrete tile roofs cost, from what I hear.

-Brian

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I totally care. But seriously, your roof does not match your paint color. What is $40K to be color coordinated? Where are your priorities??

nikandmike said...

Did the painters leave that reindeer in your "yard" too? I would definitely ask for a bigger discount then, because he doesn't have any fur.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope the painters left that deer there and you didn't intentionally decorate with it, because those things are fucking stupid. I might begin hunting just to shoot those things down.

I guess you can take the girl out of Pennsylvania, but not Pennsylvania out of the girl...

Nina said...

The deer quit on me this year. Thus he was placed on the curb with a free sign and is living peacefully in someone elses yard.

Anonymous said...

What's that blue stuff above your house? We don't have that here...