Hello everyone. Brian here. Sorry that it has been so long since we have posted. Dawn pointed out that it has been almost a month.
We just got back from a week in Pennsylvania. We spent time visiting some of our friends and spending time with Nina's family, who we affectionately refer to as "The Folks." We endured some slippery snow covered roads, some cold air, and some rain, but overall we had a very nice time.
Since we have lived in Arizona, I am always noticing things that are different here than they are in PA. For example, Hellmann's Mayonnaise is called Best Foods Mayonnaise, Yuengling beer is not available at all, and there are no Panera Bread Companies. These are all minor things, but there are two things that really bug me. Some might call them epidemics.
Epidemic # 1
People have no idea what to do with their license plate registration stickers. You know when you renew your vehicle registration, they send you a new sticker for the year of expiration. You are supposed to remove the old sticker and put the new one in its place, or you can just put the new sticker on top of the old one. People in PA seem to understand this concept, but for some reason people here in AZ can't seem to get it. Every day I see countless license plates with multiple stickers. You can follow their idiotic progression. The 98 sticker is in the upper right where it is supposed to be. Then the 00 sticker is right below it. The 02 sticker is right below that one. After the 04 sticker, they run out of room, so then they get creative. They put them on the left side, in the middle, all over the place. For some reason it never occurs to these idiots that no one cares that their registration was valid in 1998. You can cover up the old sticker, idiots. Maybe it's the MVD's fault. Maybe they don't explain the process well enough when they send out the new stickers. Maybe, but come on people!!
Epidemic #2
No one knows how to put their shopping cart in the shopping cart return corral. Its ridiculous. People leave their carts all over the parking lot. The most common procedure is to push the cart onto the curb in front of their car so that its front wheels are in the landscaping. The second most common procedure is to simply leave the cart in the empty parking space next to them. Meanwhile there are shopping cart return corrals all over the place. Maybe even close enough to simply give the cart a good shove and have it end up in one. But people insist on simply abandoning their cart wherever they please. Its crazy.
Please proceed with the comments about how I am crazy and you can't believe I spend hours of my life thinking about these things. Proceed. I can take it.
-Brian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
People in PA screw up the registration sticker too. It's like some sort of strange way for them to show how long they've owned the car. 'Lookee - I've had this car 4 years.'
And the carts are a problem here too, mostly because of the lazy fat turds who can only muster enough energy to push their cart full of chips and ice cream to their over-sized SUVs. How could they ever be expected to use a cart return area? When I see people doing what you described, I say sarcastically and loudly, but not directly at them, 'Yep, that's where carts go.'
I don't like agreeing with you this much.
Back here in Pa. we have a store called Aldi's. This is their take on the cart problem. The carts are lined up inside each other and are connected by a chain with a key. You insert a quarter and the key pops out releasing the cart. When you are finished you return the cart, insert the key into the next cart and out comes a quarter. Interesting, there are NO carts in this parking lot not returned.
I hate to admit this, but I have been guilty of the shopping cart issue. BUT I had a good reason, and have since figured out a way around it.
The first time I went to the grocery store with my infant child, I found myself back at the car with: said infant, bags of groceries, and the cart. I put Deven in the car first, then the groceries, and then realized I was stuck with the cart. The cart return was really far away. I woul have lost sight of the car if I took it back. So my options were to take Deven back out of the car, put him back in the cart, and return the cart. OR I could be an asshole and leave the cart in a parking space.
I figured I had been a good citizen for most of my life, and the universe owed me this one time, so I left the cart there.
I have learned the right way to go about this, so I won't be an asshole anymore. (Tip for moms with babies at the store: Park next to the cart return)
And I made up for it on the way home by letting someone do a Pittsburgh left turn.
You're going to hell Becky. H E Double Hockey Sticks.
Allowing a Pittsburgh Left does not make up for leaving a cart in the parking lot.
Seriously. When I said that you had not updated your blog in a month, I thought you would come up with something besides a rant. Your situation is not limited to AZ. Idiots in Florida cannot figure out the stickers, but it is mostly in hick pockets with gun racks, not in your metropolises. And the carts, don't get me started. One Publix near us does not even have that cart area, I think b/c no one used it, so they made another parking space!!
P.S. Allowing a Pittsburgh Left negates Becky's episode with the cart, everyone knows that. It is only done there, and is such a good deed it is like a get out of jail free card.
Post a Comment