Sunday, September 06, 2009

Creativity

Once we rearranged our bedroom to accommodate the new king bed, I had a large blank wall space. So last week at work I searched Etsy in hopes of finding something that might fill the void. While I was looking, a volunteer said she had something she thought might be perfect. She said she received it as a gift about 10 years ago and that it just wasn't her. She thought maybe I could do something with it. So she ran home and brought it back. It was a large panel, like floor to ceiling panel, of paper cut outs. It is hard to explain so here is a small piece of it:


Anyway, when I saw it I really liked it but wasn't sure what to do with it. I brought it home and started to think about it. Hanging it as a panel just would not look right in the room. I thought about cutting it up and placing several small frames of it in the space and then, ah ha!

We have this huge frame (yes Dawn that frame) that has been living in my house for a year. I kept telling Brian to take it to Goodwill. Well thankfully he didn't listen because it was about to become part of my art project.

I bought black wrapping paper for the background and I cut the panel in half. I laid the panel in place and framed it and voila! Art.


-Nina

4 comments:

Brian said...

Yes, Mike, we know the bed is not centered between the windows. We had to do it that way to make the furniture work. However, the frame is centered between the windows.

Dawn said...

That looks really awesome! It would have looked more awesome if you left the jersey in the frame and hung it over the bed.

beckyd said...

I love it!
You should video conference in to our crafts n' cocktails group.
I think this is the perfect thing for your bedroom.

Hallie said...

love this!