Sunday, May 09, 2010

New Ride

No we did not get a new car, we got new bikes.

Now I do not really enjoy riding bikes, never have. But I am starting to wonder if my lack of enjoyment was due to the ridiculously shitty bike I had.

Brian's bike was no better. He has a Trek mountain bike that came with the Golf he bought many years ago. That thing was so uncomfortable. Recently he went riding on the canal and realized "this bike sucks and I want a new one"!

So last weekend we went to the bike store to look around. So many options, I had no idea. Brian was introduced to a Giant brand bike. He hopped on and rode around the parking lot and that was it. He loved it and it was on sale. Wooo hooo. So we bought the bike.


Now I was still not so interested in riding bikes but his was nice and I did see some cool bikes that I would happy to be seen on. I thought about it all week and decided we could look around this weekend.

Well didn't we just find the right bike for me? Yes we did! I got an Electra brand bike called a Townie.
I outfitted my sweet ride with a basket because I love the way it looks and I can carry things if I were to ever need to. Like my cat Sookie.


I still don't think I will love biking but we live near 2 canals that connect to other canals and well, biking here is just nice. We can bike to the trail heads too and to Petsmart and the grocery store. Its endless.

So as summer approaches the biking will be not be happening but in the Fall...look out!

-Nina

2 comments:

beckyd said...

Ahhh, the Electra Townie. I love Electra bikes. I have a ridiculous Electra beach cruiser that weighs like 100 lbs. But it's so pretty. I love the color you got.

Brian- I'm sure your bike is cool too. But Nina's is bitchin'.

Rachel said...

Have fun. My step-mom got the same bike a year or so ago and loves it. (same color even!)