Sunday, March 02, 2008

I'm In Love

I'm in love with the desert. I can't even tell you how much simple joyous happiness I get from stepping into the desert right now. Since we have had some rain over the winter, the desert has transformed. I've never seen it like this and it's so awesome. Green color everywhere with wildflowers spread across the mountains.

I spent 32 years of my life never having seen a mexican poppy. I feel cheated. Colors of purple, yellow, orange, white, and red all over the place. Its also so amazing how a harsh environment like the desert can produce the most delicate flowers.

We took a break from the floor and closet this weekend and hiked. Saturday we spent the day on South Mountain, and Sunday we spent the day with Greg and Melanie in the Superstition Mountains. A 30 minute drive out of Phoenix and you are in the Superstitions. It's a huge expansive piece of land with mountains and canyons and lakes. It's frickin amazing.

Here is just a glimpse of what we saw.

















-Nina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! amazing, beautiful. I cant believe all those pretty flowers are just popping up in the 'harsh, prickly' desert. I think Im ready for spring now.