Its 8 miles to the village, 2 more miles after that to the campground, there is about 1200 ft in elevation difference between the beginning of the trail and the end. Most if that drop is in the first 2 miles. We will have everything we need on our backs. We packed this morning, and it seems we are looking at about 30 pound packs. We were kinda stupid and did not hike at all with the packs before the trip. I do think we will be fine, we have hiked a lot over the winter and spring and I think we are in great shape.
Im nervous yes but what we are going to see is going to be amazing.

This trip is on my list of things to see before I die. I didnt even know it existed until we were getting ready to move here. Once I learned of it I decided that I must see this place. Initially we were going to hike down and stay at the lodge. Then we met Melanie and Greg, who are pros at backpacking, and they convinced us that its the way to go.
We geared up over the months and now this is it.
Wish us luck. We come back Monday night.
-Nina
3 comments:
I am super jealous. Have a great time and share pictures!
have fun!! can't wait to see the pictures...the one posted on the blog is absolutely gorgeous!
man, what fun you must have had this weekend-its been POURING rain here. So, you need to post a pic of the falls from you-does it really look like that??? amazing. How was packing?
Post a Comment