Friday, June 20, 2008

80 mpg

Hello. Brian here.

Here is a list of facts:
1. Gas is really expensive these days.
2. My GTI requires premium gas, which currently costs about $4.25 per gallon.
3. I drive 9 miles each way on city streets to my job.
4. In these conditions, my car has been averaging 23 mpg.
5. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
6. Today I ordered one of these in black.
7. I should have it in mid July.
8. It cost about $2,000.
9. It gets 80 mpg.
10. It holds about 1 gallon of gas.
11. It looks pretty sweet, if you ask me.
12. It can go 60 mph.
13. You are all jealous.

-Brian

6 comments:

Michelle K. said...

Seth and I keep joking about getting a Vespa, but I don't really think we're joking.

Anonymous said...

That's really cool. Can't wait to see it.

Now waiting for Mike to chime in with gay joke...

Brian said...

Yes, I'm sure he's formulating the perfect joke right now. What a jerk.

Dawn said...

I'm sorry, is this the same brother that told me he could not buy a scooter because it would take him 9 years to recoup his money???
You bought one because you were jealous that we are buying one when we get home. And you had to have it first! SUCH a little brother thing to do!!! Whatever!!!!

Anonymous said...

We were going to get one too!! but we didn't and I'm not jealous because we just picked up our sweet VW Rabbit!!

Anonymous said...

I already had told Nina the joke...it's an oldie about rollerskating and I tweaked it a bit.

What's the worst part about riding a scooter?

Telling your wife you're gay.