Since receiving the Non-Compliance Notice from our HOA, I have been busy trying to resolve the issue. On Friday, I called the lady that represents our community. Got her voicemail. She didn't call back. On Sunday I wrote a nice response letter, just in case they were going to actually make me respond in writing. On Monday I called the lady again. Got her voicemail. Called again and demanded a real person. They gave me her assistant. The assitant told me that it was probably a mistake, so I should hold off on responding by mail. Today I called again and actually got the lady on the phone. Here is how it went.
HOA Lady: "Hello Brian! Big misunderstanding! Sorry about that. I have been so busy because so and so is on vacation, so I have been covering 12 properties. You should have never received that Non-Compliance Notice. Just disregard it. Also, your request to paint your house has been approved."
Me: "Uhh, well, hmmm, I guess, ok then."
Me inside my head: "Damn. This means I don't get to send my extremely well crafted response letter."
So it appears that the HOA suddently became a well oiled machine. In a matter of hours my Non-Compliance Notice had been thrown out, and my paint request had been approved. All is well, except that I never got to stick it to them with my response letter. So at least I can share it with all of you here, if anyone actually cares.

-Brian
1 comment:
Um, you might not want to post the part of the letter with your signature, address, and phone number. Seth just printed it out and is planning on using it for evil.
Post a Comment