Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Small Changes

My kitchen is white. I hate it, or should say hated it. I went round and round on the color I should paint it. The thing is my living room, which runs right into the kitchen, is bright yellow.
So finding a color that would compliment that color was real real difficult. I consulted with the life coach, Taylor, and she said white was the way to go.

So I stepped back and realized she was right. I will just change everything else. Since we are not ready to replace the counters at this point, I thought I'd start small.

First I took down the vertical blinds on the sliding door. They were also white. I replaced them with charcoal grey curtains.

Next I replaced the drab and boring white light that hung over the table with a red one.

And then the topper of it all....I put bird decals on the wall. Taking a little bit of Tay's idea with the nursery, I found some flying bird silhouettes on etsy. I ordered them in charcoal and slapped them up. I wanted to appear like they were flying out of the window.

What do you think?



-Nina

2 comments:

The McGettigans said...

I like it!! Very creative!

Dan said...

The look cool, I just hope Dewey doesn't try to kill any of them.