Sunday, October 15, 2006

Not Scary

This weekend we thought we would take the opportunity to go to some haunted things. We haven't really been to a haunted house in years.

I chose a haunted corn maze for us to venture to Friday night. I had never been to one and I have always had a bit of a fear of corn fields. I had never seen Children of the Corn, but the music was real scary and well I hate scary movies. Anyways we get to the farm and pay way to much money and we are siked, ready to be scared. We go in, walk along the path, nothing happens. We keep walking, nothing happens, we catch up to the lame asses in front of us. Why oh why do guys always have to act macho at places like this? They ruin it for everyone.

So we are still walking through the maze and finally there is some action ahead. Oh, its a scene and its lame, moving on. This continued through the rest of the maze, we would happen upon a lame scene and continue on. No one hid in the corn, no one snuck up on you, it was not scary and we were disappointed.

Next was a haunted house called "The Nest". The website for it made it seem like it was going to be good, real good. It was about a 45 minute drive away in the middle of nowhere on a farm. Ok so that is where we ventured Saturday night. This place was even pricier, so that meant it was going to rock, right? We waited in line and finally it was our turn. Slowly we walked in, it was dark and loud. Music blared from everywhere, there was screaming and a fog horn off in the distance. It had potential. We kept going and there were the scenes again, what's with the scenes. Where are the stray people that pop out and scare you, the hands coming out to grab you, where is the scary? We ended up behind a group who were not fans of the dark. Anytime it got real dark, they turned on a light. God, can I just be scared once? I was expectant of scariness, I held Brians arm tight ready to jump. Once I did, near the end. Just as I let my guard down, we rounded a corner and the fog horn blew. It was so loud and unexpected, I was totally startled.

It was over pretty quick and we left disappointed and reminiscing of the haunted houses from the past that were scary. What has happened to the scariness of Halloween?

-Nina-

2 comments:

nikandmike said...

the best one that i remember from home was the hobgoblin hike, and i think it was either at twin lakes or story book forest, i can't remember. but i do remember that hands would come up and touch your feet as you crossed this wobbly bridge in the woods.

they also gave you these clicker things if you were a big wuss, and you clicked it back and forth before you got to the crazy dressed up people that would jump out at you. that way, little kids wouldn't be terrorized by the people.

we went to this every single year...i don't think they have it anymore...but it was really scary.

Nina said...

It was at Twin Lakes, we went every year also. I hated crossing the wobbly bridge, trolls were under there.