Monday, October 02, 2006

SoCal

We had a weekend packed full of fun filled adventures. Brian left work early Friday so we could make the 6 hour trek to San Diego, CA.

Check out the cool things we saw on our trip:

Sike, those scenes are from the railroad museum in Balboa Park in San Diego. We both love mini railroad setups, it takes us back to being kids and going to Buhl Science Center to see the setup there.

Anyway, we did see a lot of cool things on our journey to San Diego. Such as the Imperial Sand Dunes just east of Yuma, AZ.

These mountains are in California. They look like piles of dumped boulders. They stretched forever and I had never seen anything like it before, I dug it.And we saw the giant windmills.
Thank you governator for welcoming us to your state.

The best part of the trip was actually getting there and finally exploring the city. We stayed in Old Town San Diego and were within walking distance to a trolley stop. Their trolley system was great and really easy to use. It took us everywhere we wanted to go. If it didn't then we used our poor and exhausted legs to get us there. We probably covered 10 miles on Saturday. The distance to places was misleading and we found ourselves walking llong distances to get to certain places like Mission Bay and Balboa Park.

I loved the city, it was a really nice city, easy to navigate, good food, and of course the ocean. I love California in general, I often think I was meant to live there, and most certainly should have grown up there. But, alas, we can not afford California so we live a mere state away. The weather was nice in San Diego, about 72 during the day, I was comfortable in jeans and a t. At night was a different story, it got quite chilly and wet. It was humid there and at night everything felt damp and condensated on. It was foggy in the mornings but burned off pretty quickly. I do think I would someday like to live there but for now I truly prefer my weather over theirs.
On the way home we made a special stop just for Brian. You see, we discovered not long after moving here, that there is not one single panera bread in Arizona. Brian was devastated by this news, no more broccoli and cheese soup. I did a little search on our trip and discovered that just outside San Diego, on the way home, there was indeed a Panera. Brian was so happy sitting there with his pick two, which included the delicious soup. California, you rock.

-Nina-

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

San Diego is the new Pittsburgh

beckyd said...

Pittsburgh is the new Grimaldis

Anonymous said...

"We both love mini railroad setups"

Thanks, that statement makes me feel a little better about you having moved away.

You'll probably tell us you're Republicans next, huh?

Nina said...

Suck it, you love Hanson so I wouldnt talk.

Anonymous said...

Hanson is the new 98 degrees

beckyd said...

98 Degrees is the poor man's *NSync.

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is Turkey Bacon Bravo. Sorry bitches, We have two Paneras and I freaking love that place.