I was on my morning walk at about 7:30 am, when he appeared. I was walking along the canal behind my neighborhood. I usually see jackrabbits, quail, even road runners, but today, today I saw a coyote.
It was actually the second coyote Ive seen in about a month. I have lived here for over a year and only just recently have I seen a coyote. All the hiking I do alone, all the times we sat and watched the sun set and the coyotes bayed all around us, nothing, not one. Then I go for a walk along the canal behind our house and I see two.
The first one I saw was while I was walking with Brian. We were actually walking through an area they are getting ready to build homes on. We turned and there it was, crossing the field in front of us. Just one, and he took off towards the mountain. Brian felt for our first coyote siting it was a little anti-climatic, I however enjoyed it very much.
Ok so back to my walk. I'm walking along the canal listening to my mp3 player when I noticed something pop out from a yard on the other side of the canal. Oh its a coyote. It kept looking back at me, they are very mistrusting creatures, and followed the canal as well. I had slowed my pace so I didnt catch up to it and spook it. It doesnt trust me and I didnt trust it. Before I knew it the coyote snuck back into another yard, gone.
That was my excitement for the day.
-Nina
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, awesome. Too bad you didn't have any skates with rockets or a giant pole vaulting pole to escape his him.
Was he carrying a box of TNT from Acme?
Post a Comment