Monday, July 02, 2007

Vegas Baby, Vegas



We rolled out of the valley Friday afternoon to start our Vegas adventure. I was excited about the drive up because we were going to be driving through parts of Arizona I haven't seen yet. Plus, well, we were going to Vegas.

Along the way we left the Sonoran Desert and ended up in the Mojave Desert. Here we drove through a forest of joshua trees. I haven't seen these yet, except in yards, and once again was struck with how diverse this state really is.

A joshua tree just for Becky and Rachel

We were in Vegas in about 5 and a half hours and the T's were on their way from LA. We got to the hotel


and parked the car. We then proceeded to what we thought was the registration area. However, we ended up under the fake blue sky and a man singing on a gondola. Oops, not this way, back to the beginning. We then went down to the casino and through its maze of machines and tables to the front desk. I was so annoyed at this point. We got our keys and followed the girls directions to the elevator. When we got in, there was only one button to push which said lobby, huh?. When we got to the next floor we were greeted with another front desk and long long hallways. We were still not on the right floor and needed to find another set of elevators. After following the labyrinth of halls we finally found the elevator and up to our floor we went. Now I am pissed and I am swearing a lot. We got to the room and when I opened the door, all the anger left me. This was the nicest place I had ever stayed. It was so big and so nice and wow!


About an hour later Tim and Taylor showed up but somehow were smart enough to avoid the bullshit route we took. Lucky!

Night one was easy going. We went to dinner at PF Changs and when we got back we strolled around looking for a cheap black jack table and some roulette.

Day 2 was full of good stuff. We started the day by walking around the casinos nearby, playing a little black jack, a little slots, and having lunch. After lunch Tay and I hit the pool and Brian and Tim continued to gamble.


When we all converged again it was time to get ready for dinner. We made reservations at a restaurant at the Bellagio, the only place I could really find that would cater to vegans. We had a wonderful dinner enjoying some of the fountain show.


After dinner we took a taxi to New York New York to see Zumanity. It was an entertaining show. After that we headed back to our room to get ready to go out.

The plan was to go to a club at Caesars where Rob and Big were having a party. It was already about 2 am when we made our way there. There were people everywhere so we asked what was up. We were told that single girls got in one line the they got in free. That is of course after some douche bag gave her a once over and decided if she was good looking enough to get in. Couples and single dudes got in another line. If you were in this line then you paid. Girls paid 20 bucks and guys paid 30 bucks. That was a lot of bullshit so we left. We went back to the room and called it a night.
The ladies ready for a night on the town

Day 3 was our last day. We had to be out by noon so we didn't really make time to do much in the morning except have breakfast. We said goodbye to the T's and Brian and I strolled a little before we also left. But before we left town we went to a donut shop just off the strip that was suppose to have vegan donuts. I haven't had real donuts in 4 years. One of the many things I have chosen to give up. However, today was my lucky day. I got a dozen to go and when I sunk my teeth into the donut, my taste buds did a happy dance. It was like a real donut, I mean just like it. I couldn't believe it. Brian and I gobbled down our donuts and smiled, donuts are so tasty. Thank goodness I don't have that place near me, I'd be 400 pounds.

Bellagio fountain

On our way back we stopped at the Hoover Dam to take some photos. When we got out of the car a wave of heat hit me like a 2 ton bus. 110 is pretty bad but do-able, but this, this was awful. We guessed it must have been 120 in that canyon. It was unbearable and we booked it out of there.


We didn't win any money but we had a great time. The previous story is all made up, I cant really tell you what we did, you know the saying.

Happy 4th everyone!

-Nina

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Tim and I are officially flying back to Vegas when we decide to go back. The traffic wasn't as bad on the way back but I still had over an hour at travelling 5mph- mapquest 4 hr. trip is bullshit, more like 6 hrs.

Glad you got those donuts and a better view of the bellagio fountains!!

beckyd said...

Nina- were you wearing makeup? You look very glamorous.

Nina said...

yes, taylor put eye makeup on me. it was weird.

Anonymous said...

'weird?!' you said you liked it you hussy.

Nina said...

It was weird wearing makeup not that I looked weird, geez so sensitive. You did a good job. Brian liked it and lookin slutty is under rated.