Sunday, August 05, 2007

the good and the bad

This weekend was full of goodness and some badness.

Friday night we saw Jimmy Eat World and yes it was amazing. They played for 2 glorious hours and they played a lot of songs they rarely play and they kept it fairly mellow until after the encore, then they rocked out.

Of course Saturday began badly as we discovered that Sophie was murdered. I was in a bit of funk all day. I managed to get distracted when we went to Gameworks and played some Skee Ball, some basketball and lost badly at racing cars against my brother.
Later that night we went to see Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish. Good stuff.

Sunday morning we buried our pet pigeon, it seemed the right thing to do. The plans for the rest of Sunday were to head to Flagstaff and take the chairlift ride to the top of snowbowl. Snowbowl is one of three ski resorts here in AZ. It opens for about 2 weeks every winter. Sweet!
Well when we got there it was raining, of course. And it was cold, I would say freezing, but Brian would think I was crazy. It was like 30 degrees colder up there. It was cold enough for me to sport a sweatshirt.

Anyway enjoy some photos from our day:

The chairlift ride


dorks


-Nina

No comments: