He never gets sick, he never pukes, he never even meows. So when I heard him cry from the other room I thought it was strange. But it only got more strange. He ran into the hallway and acted like he was going to puke but he didn't. We have seen this before. He is sick so infrequently that he kinda panics when he doesn't feel good. Its kinda cute in a way.
So hes not puking and hes trying to run into another room and hes swaying on his feet. That's when I panic. Now hes panting, like really panting and I am scared.
We call the vet and of course its Sunday and they are closed. There was a person there though that gave us the address of an emergency clinic. None were close. So we put the little guy in the carrier and we drive off. Seems like a million years until we get there. Hes still panting but I feel ok cause we made it to the vet and they will make him better.
While Brian fills out paperwork a girl comes and whisks Dewey away. Relief at last for us both.
We got called into a room and we were told that Dewey would be getting x-rays, blood work, I.V. and...AND he should stay the night. Oh man, little dew-man-chew would have to spend the night in some strange place full of dogs (which he hates) and cats he doesn't know.
We agree to accept the fact that all this would cost 700 bucks and we say goodbye to Dewey and head home.
I called the vet a few hours later and she told me he was much better. She thought it was an allergic reaction but she couldn't be sure. She also said his kidney blood tests were high and they would be rechecking them.
I hope the little man just had some sorta panic attack and there is nothing wrong with him at all. I cant wait to get him tomorrow morning and give him a squeeze. If he were a kid I would feed him ice cream too.
The other cats don't seem to notice his absence. Maybe they are secretly enjoying the peace and quiet they often don't get to enjoy.
Stay tuned for an update.
Dewey is home now and he seems fine. No one could pinpoint what was wrong with him but they took good care of him.
-Nina
2 comments:
Poor brown one...
Dewey never pucks? Is that some cat hockey league I'm not aware of?
Post a Comment