and looky at this adorable creature they brought with them:
We were so happy that Mike and Nikole made the brave decision to travel across the country with Ella to see us. They hadn't yet seen our new home or experienced dry heat. Lucky for them summer drags into October.
We had 5 wonderfully lazy and scenic days with them.
We rented a minivan so we could pile in and go on road trips. Our first road trip was to Sedona. Who doesn't love to look at Sedona, especially when its about to rain. We visited a winery on the way and had a picnic among the vines and the creek.
Before we left for Sedona I took Nikole to Liberty to help me with my volunteering. I enjoy showing off Liberty and I was glad she wanted to join me. It was a ridiculously hot week and Mike thought it might be possible to fry an egg outside. It wasn't.
We got more visitors as the weekend approached.
It was wonderful having a house full of friends. The guys went golfing Saturday morning while us ladies enjoyed some pool time. We all piled into the minivan that evening to go out to dinner. Cool people do ride in minivans!
Laziness continued into Sunday. We drove around the valley, past the Salt River and to Saguaro Lake. We wanted to give the Sheaffers an idea of what its like around here and to see why we fell in love with Arizona.
We ended their trip with a sunset atop South Mountain.
Thank you to the Sheaffers and the T's for making this past weekend so much fun. We truly needed a dose of friendship. I am so glad the Sheaffers took the plunge and made the trek. We loved having you and Ella here with us.
-Nina
3 comments:
Is it me, or did Tim lose some weight? LA is treating you well!
Tim said doing coke has really helped him get in shape.
We had a great time, despite Brian being on the rag the one day because he couldn't get Combos.
The coke is really getting it done. Brian was in good spirits while I was there. I'm a little fearful of his future golf game...jing-a-ling-a-ling.
Post a Comment