Hallie has suggested that I start a fact of the week on the blog. She was thrilled with all the bird and wildlife info I was feeding her. I thought that seemed fun so here it is.
You CAN touch baby birds. Birds do not have a sense of smell, except vultures. So the mother will never know. You shouldn't go touching birds of course, but if you see that a baby has blown out of the nest, go ahead and put it back. However if it is injured you should take it to a local wildlife center. If you don't know where it came from, leave it if it is not in any danger, the mom is most likely still feeding it.
If you have any questions rolling around in your brain, serious ones Mike, please ask and I will see what kind of answer I can give you.
-Nina
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I resent that...
What's the best way to prepare a baby bird?
Thanks Nina for the bird fact. I appreciate your knowledge. Keep posting...:)
Post a Comment