I'm going to send back the old pump so I need to get rid of all the boxes and paperwork that go with that. I also don't need the infusion sets and reservoirs either. Also with the new pump comes a new meter. So I wont be needing the old meter anymore or the strips.
I haven't started wearing the new pump. I go next week to get my crash course on it. I cant wait. I will tell you all about it when I finally get it on.
So I'm under the cabinet and I am pulling all the stuff out and I notice that I keep grabbing box after box of meters. Could I have possibly collected that many meters over the years? More importantly, why? I mean its a good idea to have a back up but come on.
I have 5, that's 5 meters that I do not use. I probably never even used at least 3 of them.
So now what do I do with all these meters. My first thought was to sell them on Amazon or ebay. Sure seems reasonable to make some money off my hoarding. However, they were all free and I feel guilty about doing that.
So before I take any action I was wondering if any of you out there know someone who may need a meter. Any relatives with Type II? I would be more than happy to send it your way. If no one needs one, does anyone know of a charity that would take these.
I have one that talks to a medtronic minimed insulin pump; know anyone on one of those?
Its not as fun as getting free ipods or cell phones, but they are cool electronics if you are interested.
-Nina
5 comments:
Nina!! Perfect timing...you know the Eileen woman I was talking about? Well, she is actually teaching a class to a LARGE group of less fortunate people who have diabetes and she is in need of meters very badly!! So if you could send any or all my way I will reimburse you for the shipping. If other people need them then just let me know. But 2 or more would be awesome!! Thanks Nina!! :)
I will send them on their way. Cool thanks!
Well at least Brian had them all organized nicely . . .
Perhaps he even had a special flip out compartment made for them out of a used tire and a few paper towel holders. He is crafty like that. I am jealous. Really. I need to start a blog, so Brian can remotely help me organize things. Let the drawings begin . . .
Nin!! We got the meters. Thanks so much for shipping them so fast!! love you and miss you very much too!! :)
Post a Comment