Sunday, August 06, 2006

Wow, I haven't seen this stuff since January!

We are all moved into our new home. We love it here and we are slowly getting all the stuff in its right place. We started moving stuff out of the apartment at about 7:30 am and had 2 helpers. One happens to be the strongest man on earth. Brian's boss lifted the kayak and several pieces of furniture all by himself. That shit is heavy. Once the truck was loaded we lost Brian's boss. Now we were down to three to unload.
Oh how I will not miss you old apartment
Brian the engineer organizing the truck
There was of course one minor mishap. It seems the food box got tossed in the drive to the house and emptied its contents on the floor. Some of the contents included a tin of popcorn kernels and our olive oil. So yeah there was oil all over the floor. Work was put on hold until we could wipe up the oil and kernels and furniture that got oil on it. Once that was done we were back in business.
Here is the truck at the new house
We finished up around 1 pm. It was warmer than they said it would be, but it was only about 100-103, so not too bad for an August day in Arizona. We moved some things around and then jumped into the pool. Man it's nice having a pool. After dinner we split up in the house, I took the master bedroom, and Brian took the garage.
Here is the master bedroom
Today we got stared early. I unpacked the game room and guest room while Brian finished up the garage.
Here is where all you suckers will stay when you visit
So the bedrooms are done for the most part and the same with the garage. I am left alone tomorrow to tackle the house. I think I will paint our master bedroom, I just don't want to organize the kitchen at all, and the office/library is full of boxes, ugh. I might just lounge by the pool and get my tan on.
Here is the office that I dont want to organize
Here is the living room waiting for its new furniture
Thats the update for La Casa de Grimaldi, stay tuned for more fun and excitement. The boys seem to like it so far, Tux is already feeling at home, Dewey and Toby are still a little freaked out.
-Nina-

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yippee-everything looks great-i think you should take the day off and lounge at the pool all day, you deserve it and you gotta make sure it's working, right! Love the stripes in the bdrm, and all the arched doorways and the orange room. i dont think many people can say they have an orange room...

Anonymous said...

I can't belive you did those stripes yourself. You're like a professional.

It looks great! We can't wait to come visit.

Looks like you guys did a lot of work, but I think you'll be there for a while, and you'll enjoy it. So it's all worth it.

Anonymous said...

seth and i can't wait to come and stink the place up.

what colors will your kitchen be?

Nina said...

the living room os going to be yellow and some of the walls run into the kitchen. We are not sure yet what to do with the rest of the kitchen walls.

Anonymous said...

Your cats are pussies, and I'm not being cute using a euphemism for felines. Sugar and Whiskers could kick their sissy asses, even with their combined age of 40 some years.

Anonymous said...

Your house looks awesome! I can't wait to show these pics to Cory. Congrats!