Thursday, January 25, 2007

New to the Neighborhood

Ah, OK, well Tim and Taylor did not necessarily move into our neighborhood. And no they did not even move into the same state as us, but, well they are over here on this side of the US. The western side that is and that's neighborhood enough for us. We are now within driving distance (6 hours) of friends.

They arrived in LA on Monday and we followed a day later. Their truck was to arrive on Wednesday. I was so excited to go to LA. I had only been there once, very briefly, and couldn't wait to go again. I must once again reiterate here how much I love California.

We got to their apartment Tuesday night and I immediately loved their neighborhood. Cute houses, cute apartment buildings, it was great. They showed us around their new place and let me tell you it was huge, like huge. They got themselves one gigantic apartment. It was full of great old character and big windows, I really liked it.

The T's new place, old Hollywood style
Cute, isn't it?

The next day I walked out to the living room to find Taylor perched in front of the big window watching the street. "Whatcha doing" I asked. Well she went on to tell me that, similar to what they were doing last night, she was waiting for cars to leave so we could take those spots. Tim and Taylor had been stressed about where this mammoth semi was going to park, so they were trying to clear the street. They had already scoped out what neighbors owned what cars, but there was this pesky Mercedes that no one seemed to claim.

Bella doing a little hiding

Big beautiful Sowe

Time was running short and Taylor went to the next building and to her luck, happen to knock on the Mercedes owners door. He was happy to move the car and we had cleared a large area for the truck. What a relief to them.
Spot holders


Around 10 the truck showed up. They used the same company we did. A very large semi parked itself outside their building and off we went. First we unloaded Tays car and then the million boxes they had. It did not take us to long before we were finished and exhausted.


Tay relaxing after a long day of moving


It was a gorgeous day in LA, about 70 degrees, sunny, just perfect. They treated us to a great lunch and then we had to head back to Phoenix.

We were very stupid though as we drove toward to freeway. Hello, its 4:30 on a Wednesday, why would we try to leave LA at rush hour? Who knows, but we sat in some shitty traffic and slowly made our way out. The traffic went on forever, I feel like we were in Palm Springs when it finally broke up, and that's an hour and a half away. People drive crazy far to get to work.

I am so excited to have friends so close. And so excited to have friends in LA. I love visiting big cities and getting an opportunity to learn my way around them. Its going to fun visiting them. I wish them both luck with landing great jobs and making the apartment into their home.

See you in a couple weeks guys.

-Nina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That place looks awesome and warm (said while looking at snow outside and dealing with 13 degree weather). Congratulations on the move!

Anonymous said...

The place is starting to look better. We still have a lot of boxes to empty but we are making progress. Thanks again for helping us move.

Brian and I gaurded an empty parking space for two hours.

Wow.

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys set up lawn chairs and took a beer out to your empty parking place to make the time go by.

Anonymous said...

You should have paid a homeless guy to save the spot.

That probably sounds terribly insensitive. Anyway, good luck. Don't worry...you're not missing anything in Maryland. It still blows.