Friday, January 19, 2007

What is rain?

I woke up to rain, and its 11:30 and still raining. What is this all about? It hasn't rained like this since September. I kinda forgot about rain, its just so rare here. We might get 7 inches in a year, might.

I had to venture out into it this morning. As I turned my wipers on I believe they made a sort of groan, sighing, clunking sound. Not being used that often, they sort of got used to being in the down position.

Most people were driving cautiously, which is a bit of a surprise. Rain is like snow in Maryland, everyone freaks and forgets how to drive. I too noticed myself being a little cautious, like it was my first time out in this liquid substance. I certainly did not want to be that jagoff Arizona driver that causes a pile-up because I cant handle a little rain on the road.

As I made my way home, all the rain was now gathering in the intersections. I swear this city has no drains on the roads. So now I am wondering, if I drive through there will I a) make it, b) drown the car, or c) float away.

Well I made it back in one piece. I still got it, I can still drive in the rain, sweet! However if you made me drive in the snow, Id park my car and weep as I held onto the steering wheel, terrified, wondering if Id make it home alive. Then I would call Brian and tell him to pick me up.

-Nina

1 comment:

beckyd said...

I don't think they have jagoff drivers in Arizona.