Today was my first day of "work". I say "work" because really I spent 5 hours listening the woman training me. She went over a lot of info, clicked a ridiculous number of folders, showing me this and that. I tried to write it all down but, damn, she moved quick. I am not a dummy at the computer but still, slow down.
I return on Friday. I go early to do my volunteer work then at 10 am begin my job. I have all day to basically try to find all those folder and duplicate what she did. It shouldn't be hard, I mean we are talkin basic Word and Excel stuff. I have to make copies of things and file things and go to the post office on occasion too.
Any first day is nerve racking no matter how easy the job. You want to get it all right away and you want to do the job well. I have more training coming on Monday. And more after that. Apparently there is a lot of stuff on the computer that I will need to play with.
It was an easy 5 hours today. I made money today, I actually earned my keep here. My day is pretty good and to top it all off its 86 degrees. (Sorry Sunil, I couldn't resist).
So if and when this job gets exciting I will certainly let you know. Thanks for all the congrats.
-Nina
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats Nina. I am happy you are earning your keep. It's about time. Mooch. Kidding. I am very happy for you. I know it isn't what you want for the long run, but at least you are keeping busy.
Next time you go to work...listen to your mp3 player with you headphones on all day and don't do a thing. If that crazy lady, who gives instructions too fast, confronts you...just stare at her until she becomes uncomfortable and leaves. It takes commitment but you can do it. It will teach her a good lesson and set you up for the rest of your time there. You're welcome.
Post a Comment