Besides soaking in the sun, she wanted to cache. She is a crazy cache nut. So I found lots of caches for us to do over her stay.
We also had to take her to see Prescott and Flagstaff since that is where she thinks she wants to live. However, when they move here in 2 years, I think they will live here in the valley, where its always nice and warm.
Friday we went to the casino and tried our luck at the slots. We were not so lucky however. I did introduce my mom to the So Co and lime, and now she is hooked.
Saturday we drove the scenic route to Prescott, then to Jerome, through Sedona and on to Flagstaff. The whole time caching at every stop. It was cold up in the mountains. We bundled in winter jackets and hats. I was miserable and Brian was a little unhappy too. Flagstaff is too cold for us in the winter, we only like to go above 5000 ft in elevation during the summer.
Prescott, with Thumb Butte in the distance
Sunday we took a long 5 mile hike around the top of South Mountain, and of course cached.
Kinda cached out myself, my mom was relentless. So Monday we got up early to hit the other side of SoMo to find a few caches. We ended up in a wash and on the side of a steep hill, this hobby is dangerous. Then we headed into the city to meet Brian for lunch at the Fry Bread House. Oh man I never tire of the fry bread. My mom and I then headed to the Scottsdale Goodwill. Good stuff. We ended the day with a sunset at our new sunset spot.
My mom in the wash
Tuesday we headed back to SoMo to find a final cache that I had never gotten, but somehow ended up rediscovering 3 more for my mom, making our hike more like 3 miles than the original 1-2 miles.
I then had to say goodbye to my mom at the airport this afternoon. I was happy to see her and happy to go out and hike around so much. Although she is cache crazy, it is fun to get out and find them, even if for the second time. She got to have Ethiopian food and fry bread for the first time, and found like 16 caches while she was here.
Thanks mom for visiting and for the fun and the trinkets and clothes. We will miss you. But we will see you again in June. Now its my dads turn to visit here.
-Nina
4 comments:
Where to start...
Site looks nice, like the changes.
Thumb Butte? I think Brian did that to me once when we were playing Dodge 'Em.
Why are you dressed in sweatshirts and pants in one picture and shorts and t-shirts another?
Try SoCo and Dr. Pepper. It's delightful.
It is 80 degrees here but 50 in Flagstaff so that is why the clothes are different. 50 is the new 20 degrees in Arizona.
Man, I was going to make the thumb butte comment. (Not the same one)
There is no such place as "Jerome" get serious. Jerome is the name of a kid who used to call me "doo-doo" in high school. Jerome was his real name but people called him "Scooter." Forget about it. I'm with Mike though...love the changes, just love em'. I played basketball with David Arquette the other day so I'm basically famous. He was wearing full Laker's regalia...it was aweful.
Post a Comment