Thursday, March 01, 2007

Working is for the Birds

I say that a lot. I think because I don't work and it makes me feel better and to make working seem lame and pointless. I have decided, after being shot down by the zoo 3 times, that I will no longer apply there. I never wanted to work there. I did it because I was desperate, and I thought, "well, maybe this wont be so bad". I am taking it as a sign, a sign that says you don't belong there. I have seen the people that work there, talked to some of them. They are severe dorks, like wow, way to into it. I also have emotional and ethical reasons too. If you know me then you know what I mean.

So its getting to be summer here soon. Our seasons come sooner so by late April we will be in the 90's. That's summer to me. Summer here means no jobs. Its to hot. I am pushing a year with no employment. That's scary. I may have passed up the best opportunity that will ever be given to me. All to say good-bye to my friends and family. To drive across the country with my husband and cats. To not be tossed into a new job while I am here alone for weeks. It was worth it to me to say no. But now I am unemployed and I feel unemployable. I am cursed or something.

Well folks, today I have changed all that. Today I got a job. That's right a JOB. Now its nothing spectacular. I will be working part time at Liberty. I will be doing a lot of data entry, answering calls, all that kind of stuff. It pays crap and its not that close to home, but its a job and its there. I know all the people already, no awkwardness. I can still be a volunteer and work with the birds. I will have weekends off which is unheard of with a zoo position or a park position.

So I am still seeking a real job, a career kinda job, but for now I will be making money so we can do projects and go on trips and I can buy clothes. Oh man I cant wait to go shopping.

-Nina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you got a job at a place you know and like. The reason you didn't find anything "career-like" yet is because the right job is still out there. These things work out for a reason.

Anonymous said...

yippee, congratulations. So- you really are working for the birds! haha

beckyd said...

Great news! I'm so excited to hear that.

nikandmike said...

yahoo, nina!