Sunday, June 03, 2007

My First Stay At A Hilton

...And it was disappointing. First of all the lobby smelled like everyone had a cigarette about an hour ago. That stale air of a place that allows smoking. Strike one.

We get our keys and head for the room. So far the people are super nice so that makes me happy. We get to our floor and step out of the elevator and the hallway is a little dark and a little ghetto. It smelled a little like cat pee, stains on the carpet and wallpaper peeling off. Am I at a motel 6 or a friggin HILTON HOTEL. Strike 2.

We open our room and this smell so strong hits me like a mac truck. It smelled like some designer imposter perfume bottle was dumped on the floor of the room. And, AND, it was about 20 degrees in the room, AND the room was tiny. Strikes 3-5 and that is no good.

I asked Brian to please go down to the desk and ask to be moved. The smell would make me nauseous by the end of the night and honestly I didn't want to have my last memory of this stay in Pittsburgh be this crummy room.

Oh yeah, I forgot that this room also had a big window but it was covered in what looked to be a soapy mixture that was allowed to dry and harden. This made it impossible to see out of the window. Strike 6.

Brian comes back, a little bitter that I have asked him to do this, and he has a new room for us on another floor. We make our way down another crappy hallway to our new room. We open the door to a better smell, a better size, and a much better view.

If I had actually paid for this place I would be so pissed. What do I like about this place? The location is awesome and the beds seem comfy, but it could be deceiving.

Our view

Our room

So it pays to bitch.

I am enjoying seeing my friends and family. I want to thank them all for all the food, the places to crash, and carting us around.
Go Steelers!

-Nina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gross. I would have left....

Anonymous said...

You checked into a Hilton the day Paris checked into jail. Coincidence?

Anonymous said...

sad to say, but you have to be a bitch sometimes to get what you should have gotten in the first place!

gina