Thursday, June 07, 2007

A Trip East

Brian and I have returned from a long visit to Pittsburgh.

We got to spend time with my family and we got to spend time with friends. It was a great trip. Most of you who read this were there for it so I wont bore you with step by step details of what we did.

Instead I will just post some photos that highlight the trip.

A gathering of friends before a trip to Kennywood

Caching with the family

I finally got to meet this little peanut.

Hanging out in the woods

Nikole joined my mom and I for a little caching. Nice socks.


Hanging out at station square

The Art Festival


The Gateway Clipper on the Allegheny

6th St Bridge

PNC Park, Go Bucs
The George Washington Bridge


We had a great time and want to thank everyone for everything you did for us.

We were standing at Station Square looking over at the city and we both agreed that Pittsburgh is a pretty great city. I am never ashamed to say I am from Pittsburgh, and it will in some ways always be home.

As we crossed one river over to the next, it was nice to see that the city is trying to change, trying to catch up with the times. However, I didn't feel that pull, that twinge of need to make this place my home.

After a week of being covered in humidity and mosquitoes, I was ready to head home to Phoenix. Of course it's always hard to leave behind my friends and family. But it is comforting to know that you all live in this little bundle, close to each other.

As I walked out of the airport in Phoenix, the moisture-less air and the warmth from the day surrounded me. I was home.

-Nina

1 comment:

mf said...

FOR A CHANGE I DONT LOOF LIKE A PUFFY COW IN THE PICTURES...MF