Saturday, December 16, 2006

24 Hour Virus

Hello folks. Brian here.

When I was a kid and I would get sick, my mom would always say, "You probably have the 24 hour virus." It always sounded good, and it seemed to fit the situation. I would be better the next day, so it must have been the 24 hour virus. The thing is, I don't think there is really such a thing as "the 24 hour virus." Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it is a real thing. I mean, the pharmacy companies probably wouldn't spend much time creating a drug for it, and the medical world wouldn't spend much time talking about it. After all, it's gone in 24 hours, so what's the sense in making a big deal about it. By the time you got to your doctor or to a pharmacy, you would be better anyway.

Today Nina woke up with the 24 hour virus. She was fine yesterday, but today she is sick. She has been barfing all day, and the only thing that has stayed in her stomach is some ginger ale. By the way, do you know that most ginger ales don't have any actual ginger in them? I had to buy some organic brand that costs 12 times as much to get one with actual ginger. So anyway, Nina is feeling under the weather, but hopefully she will be better tomorrow. Dawn, if you're reading this, you will be happy to know that Nina is making good use of the throw up bowl. Good thing you mailed it to us.

In a related story, we watched The Brown Bunny this evening, courtesy of Netflix. It's the movie where Chloe Sevigny gives Vincent Gallo a BJ....and they show it. Overall, the movie was really boring. When it was all over, Nina said that she would have been better off in the bathroom puking for an hour and a half than watching that movie. That should give you an idea of just how bad it is.

-Brian

5 comments:

Unknown said...

pregnant

Anonymous said...

How many times did I tell you that throw up bowl would come in handy. And not just for mixing cookie dough for non-throw up uses. Okay now that we are older and look back , I am pretty skeeved out about that. By the way, you are next with the 24 hour bug. That's how it works. Get your ginger ale ready!

Nina said...

No I am not pregnant. I am feeling better today, because, well it was the 24 hour flu. I did use the bowl, thanks for sending that back. We dont make cookies in though.

Nina said...

Puke update for Monday. Yeah puked again this morning, will it ever end? I just want to eat again.

nikandmike said...

i had the 24 hour virus this weekend, too. i feel the puke. except there were other problems, too, which i won't get into on your blog.

i was better 24 hours later though, so not sure why your virus is still clingy.