Hello. Brian here.
Tonight I had a revelation. An epiphany, if you will.
Nina and I were decorating our Christmas tree and listening to Christmas music. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus was playing, and I said, "Isn't this a weird song? It's about a mom cheating on her husband with Santa Claus."
Then Nina said, "Yeah, but the girl doesn't realize that Santa is actually her dad."
Huh? Wait. Holy shit. I have been listening to that song for 30 years, and it never occurred to me that it was the dad dressed up as Santa.
Am I an idiot? Am I the only person in the whole world that thought the mom was cheating on her husband with Santa? Come on. Someone better bail me out here. Becky? Come on Becky. You're usually the one that doesn't get stuff. Just tell me that you had an epiphany while reading this. Then we can feel stupid together.
-Brian
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
yur stupid
Wow.
OK, I'll admit that when I was younger, I thought the mom was kissing Santa. But I figured it was a harmless kiss- much like how I wanted to kiss Mister Rogers when I was little.
Then I came to realize what was really going on, but it made less sense because why was the dad dressed up as Santa? Was he dressed up like that when the kid went to bed? Doubtful- Santa shouldnt be around before you go to sleep.
So it's all just weird.
I agree. Why would the dad be dressed up like Santa if the kid had already gone to bed? Does the mom have some sort of Santa fetish? If that's the case, then it's just as weird as if she was kissing the real Santa.
In summary, the song is stupid and weird, not me.
-Brian
i wondered why dad was dressing up as santa when i was young. i still wonder. i does seem a little creepy.
Dad dresses like Santa in case the kids peek, being the curious little beings that children are. So if they do peek, their belief in Santa won't be crushed by having seen their father putting the gifts under the tree. They would still believe...
Now, as for why the mother is a whore...many women have sexual fantasies about men in uniforms and suits...be it Military, Doctor, or Santa. Thus, the mother in the song could not resist the urge to kiss 'Santa' without checking to make sure that the children were nestled all snug in their beds. Plus, she was attracted to the fact that her husband went to the trouble to rent the suit to protect their children's fantasies and imaginations.
He's probably a prick the other 364 days of the year, but this one day she finds him endearing.
...what Mike said.
Post a Comment