Now most caches here are in the parks around the city. And they are mostly hid among the rocks. I am getting quite good at finding them, all you have to do is look for the unnatural pile of rocks. Like this:
Sometimes though there aren't a lot of rocks around and, well, people get very clever. Friday I went to the zoo, where I am pretty sure one of the screaming brats there gave me my illness, and I also went caching at the park next to it.
I was getting close to my cache, but it seemed that there weren't a lot of places to hide one. So I searched and what did I find?
A little birdie in the tree. And when I flipped him over he had the log sheet shoved up his bum. My favorite so far.
One of our caches today had us go to the top of a parking garage. It is a cloudy day, snowing in Flagstaff, but the air quality was amazing. Over the past week its been pretty hazy due to high pollution. You could see the mountains very clearly today, and it was great view of downtown #2. We were in the main downtown area.
Also today, we were looking all over for this one cache. We were right where it should be but just didn't see it. Urban caches are tricky because they are small and well hidden. Knowing that they can be sneaky about what they disguise the caches as, Brian started kicking at the bolts that held the light post in place. One of them moved. Huh, look at that, it was even painted to match the post.
We found 4 today. We didn't push it since I wasn't up for to much walking and Brian was starving. However we have now found 50 caches since October. We decided that once we found 50 we would put one out of our own. I am currently working on it now. You should try caching. I mean you east coasters have a long winter ahead and probably don't want to be outside to much, but on those balmy days, get out there and cache.
-Nina-
2 comments:
im glad your better,just dont bring it home..ha! your such a showoff....we only found 3 today ...but thast was in the am...times tight see ya soon..
That bolt one is killer. I gotta do this. It sounds cool.
Post a Comment