Thursday, April 26, 2007

People to hang out with


We have been here for almost a year. Hard to believe, huh? Well in the one year we haven't seemed to make any friends. Who needs to when we have such great friends elsewhere (Barf). Its hard to make friends when you don't have a job. That's a good starting point to meeting new people. Brian works with very few people and come on, you know engineers are kinda dorky anyway.

Well a few months ago I met a new volunteer at Liberty who seemed kinda cool. I was apprehensive at first because her name is Misty. That name, to me, says ditsy, slutty, white trash. I might be a tad judgmental but just a tad.

Anyway now that I am there almost everyday, I see a lot of the volunteers, including Misty. Some are nice and I talk to them, but I would call these people acquaintances. Well as the weeks have gone by Misty and I talk more and more and we get along great. Her and her husband like to camp and hike and are around our age.

Last weekend Misty asked if Brian and I wanted to go out for dinner with them. Oh man, I was actually going to go out with other people. I couldn't wait to tell Brian that we may no longer be socially retarded.

We had a great time at dinner, learned lots about each other and we got invited to a BBQ they are having in few weeks.

I think we made friends. Oh wow.

-Nina

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you don't need us anymore.

Nina said...

No, we totally do. We need a place to stay and a ride from the airport. We wont throw you aside until after June.

Anonymous said...

People with whom to hang.

While not an official rule, it is more proper to avoid ending a sentence with a preposition.

Nina said...

Bite me!

Anonymous said...

Better not give your blog site to Misty, so she does not realize her name would totally clue us that she lives in a trailer park in Jeannette, PA.

Anonymous said...

congratulations you now have a slutty friend Misty.