Monday, December 31, 2007

Fiesta

Saturday Brian and I went to our first ever Fiesta Bowl Parade. I like going to parades. The Fiesta Bowl is a big deal here so I figured the parade must be pretty cool.

We secured a sweet spot along the parade route. There were lots of floats, giant balloons and bands. I took photos to show some of the parade highlights. There were some good ones. On our walk to the parade route we passed this store.
Doesn't seem like it should be legal.


My favorite balloon was the vegas.com one. It was being carried by a bunch of Elvis'.


I also enjoyed when the Suns gorilla came by, I do love the Suns.


Then this came by


how freaky is that?

We also noticed that the Shriners have made some serious upgrades to their little cars they drive around in. Monster trucks, prowlers, '57 Chevy's, all in mini form.

Since we were already in the city, we figured we might as well have the most delicious food on earth. That's right, we had fry bread and it was awesome.

Once we got home though our conscious caught up with us and we forced ourselves to go for a hike up the mountain. It felt so good to be hiking again. I'm not sure what we've been doing with our weekends but hiking was not part of it. I'm glad the holidays are over and we can get to hiking on the weekends again.

We decided we should do it again on Sunday. So we found a nice 5 mile loop in North Phoenix and away we went Sunday afternoon. We recently had a lot of rain and the mountain was turning green. Everywhere were little sprouts of green, it was awesome.

Even the little pincushion cacti were enjoying the weather we were having.

In the Spring we are planning to hike to Havasu Falls with Melanie and Greg. We need to get our hike on so we can kick canyon butt. Its 10 miles to the campground with full pack on. The first 2 miles are down the canyon and then its flat. The way out is the same except you will have been hiking 8 miles before you get to the hard part of 1000 feet up in 2 miles. Ugh...

Happy New Year Everyone!

-Nina

No comments: