Sunday, November 05, 2006

Cool Things in Arizona

Hello everyone. Brian here. I wanted to write about some cool Arizona things. Not because I think the east coast sucks or because I want to try to convince everyone to move to Arizona, but just because there are cool things here, and I thought you might like to know about them.

First, just for fun, here is a sweet license plate. It's not actually a vanity plate, but I think it's kinda funny. Anyone have an idea?
It's Heavenly Va-Jay-Jay.

One thing that I really like about Arizona is all of the wonderful hiking. The landscape changes drastically in every part of the state that we visit, and it has been really fun to explore the state. As you know, we live in Phoenix. The great thing about Phoenix is that it is a large city, but it is surrounded by a bunch of mountain preserves. So there are tons of places to hike all around the city, and you are almost guaranteed to have a great view. Our house sits very close to the South Mountain Preserve. This weekend we did some hiking, walking, and geocaching in the park. Here are some pictures.

Here is a picture of me finding my first geocache.

Here are some petroglyphs. It's cool to think that these drawings were put here hundreds or thousands of years ago by the Indians that used to call this place their home. It's cool to think about how different the area must have looked back then. No city, no roads, no whities.

This is a typical view of downtown Phoenix from one of the hiking trails at South Mountain. Yes, that haze would be pollution. After all, Phoenix is the new L.A.

There are many palm trees around Phoenix. There are also many different types of palm trees. I like the tall skinny ones the best. This line of trees is particularly cool. Somebody had some vision 30 years ago when they were planted. Too bad a few of them drank too much coffee and stunted their growth.

One of the most amazing things in Arizona are the sunsets. It seems like every day there is an amazing sunset. The colors are unlike anything that I have ever seen on the east coast. Here are two pictures of Sunday night's sunset.

Some might say that last picture proves the existence of god. Oops, I mean God.

Saturday night, we heard coyotes yipping and howling. We heard them again Sunday evening when we were watching the sunset. Coyotes are small dogs, only about 25 pounds. The size of, say, Chuckly. But for some reason, when I hear them howl, I get really freaked out. I know that they don't attack humans, but it's just freaky to hear them.

In other news, we saw Borat on Saturday night. It was freaking funny as hell. If it weren't for Jackass 2, it would be the funniest movie of 2006.

-Brian-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm 33 pounds, damnit.