Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Proud

I am proud of this country this morning. Voting was exhilarating yesterday, there was so much at stake.

When Bush was re-elected in 2004, I was appalled and majorly disappointed. What happened to this country, is everyone crazy. Well it is obvious that those people were wrong and they now realize it. It is sad that it took so long and it took the death of over a thousand soldiers for people to wake up.

Yesterday people stepped up at the polls and made a change. So far the Democrats have won the House and there are 28 Democratic Governors and only 18 Republican Governors.
Also, South Dakota voted against making abortion illegal and Arizona voted against banning gay marriage. And my favorites of all, Arizonians voted to stop animal abuse on farms, and stem cell research passed in Missouri.
Finally, it seems that things are going right (or should I say left). Arizona also passed a no smoking ban and we passed a raise in minimum wage.
Pennsylvania got rid of the ridiculously conservative Santorum and Maryland voted for a guy in a band for Governor.

And...AND...Rumsfeld is possibly going to step down. WooooooooHoooooo, lets get drunk!

Now we wait and see if the Democrats get the Senate. It looks promising. Then we wait and see what happens to the war. I hope they can make the changes that we need.

Blue is the new red!

-Nina-

PS. As if this day couldn't get better, Brittany is leaving K-Fed, all is right in the world.

7 comments:

beckyd said...

Am I the only one who thinks that Britney cannot do better than K-Fed?

I wish her the best.


Like Nina said, things are looking up, so anything is possible.

They should have had a "Should Britney leave K-Fed?" referendum at the polls.

Nina said...

K-Fed's new name is Fed Ex. I heard that on the radio this morning, and it cracked me up.
What's all this election talk? Was there an election yesterday?
-Brian

Anonymous said...

have fun with the sodomites, democrats, the rapture is upon us and i'm going to be with jesus.

Anonymous said...

Just a reminder...you two 'liberals' voted for me, a Republican, last time around. Maybe I would have won this time if you hadn't moved.

Santorum/Ehrlich '08!

Nina said...

You know Bob, some of my friends seem so bitter that we did that so so long ago. We had our jobs to think about. Sorry you lost to O'Malley, havent you heard that blue is the new red?

Anonymous said...

You liberals couldn't get rid of me! Long live Mississippi!!

Anonymous said...

Down here in the great state of Florida, we are planning to "stay the course" and voted Republican Charlie Christ as govenor. After all, he was attorney general under me. My brother is very upset about all this blue/red crap, so could you watch it? He is very fragile since Rumsfeld left.