I need some opinions. We want to add a cable jack to one of the rooms in our new house. Here are the options.
Option 1
I can do it myself. It will require me to go up into the attic, fish some cable down to one of the existing jacks, then run the cable over to the wall where I want the new jack, and then fish the cable down that wall. Then cut a hole in the wall and install a new cable jack. Not difficult work, but it will probably take me a few hours.
Option 2
I can pay the cable company to do it for me. They charge $50.
Keep in mind that the attic is probably well over 130 degrees.
So what should I do? I need everyone's opinion.
-Brian-
Monday, July 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I said I'd send the wireless card...I just haven't finished collecting all the other junk I'm going to include with it.
I say suck it up and climb in the attic wuss boy. Take some water and a small fan and wear breathable clothing. If you are not back in one hour Nina can call the paramedics. Or...just wait until the weather cools off! Do you need the cable right away? How about reading a book or playing a game?
Dawn:
What are books? Do you find those on the interweb?
Mike:
I would still like the wireless card, but I didn't want to bug you about it. You have more important things going on. I might still add a cable jack to the guest bedroom so that our wonderful guests can watch some glorious TV.
-Brian
Brian,
I think that you should definitely pay the cable company $50 to add the extra cable jack. Your crazy for going up in the attic in 130 degree heat. Don't forget about all that itchy installation and no lights to see what the hell that you are doing. Plus an hour job ends up being a 5 hour job when you haven't done it before. Let someone else do it and just sit and drink a ice cold beer.
Pay the $50. You're a thousand-aire! $50 is nothing for rich people like you.
You know my opinion. I don't pay anyone for anything. Your cheapness is rubbing off.
Don't listen to your cheap ass sister. I do stupid projects like that all the time to save a few bucks. Dawn is all for this because all she has to do is think of the project and harass me to do it.
The last project involved climbing up on my 3rd story roof to unclog the dryer vent. As I was climbing the ladder and my heart sped up 10 BPM per step, I looked down and realized that professionals earn every penny of their money no matter the trade. After dodging the thunderheads rolling in and climbing down from that life risking project I still had to pay a professional to come out and do the job.
Moral of the story: $50 is a deal. Spend the money and follow the beer advice or the rest of us may find ourselves drinking some at your funeral and talking about what your last moments in the attic were like.
my husband is a freak. do not listen to him. he takes medications regularly.
Post a Comment