Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Unfriendly Neighbors

Last night I woke up to a child crying, but that's not what drew me out of my sleep. No that was the kids mom yelling at the top of her lungs at the crying child. She was yelling for the kid to stop crying, to go to sleep, that it was a bad kid, the mom was also swearing more than me, and that's a lot. So the kid keeps crying and I hear her spank the kid and the kid starts screaming and crying. Then she yells even louder and is more angry, as if it was possible. There were other loud noises, maybe furniture being slammed or doors. At this point I am laying there wondering if this is when you call the cops, she's so angry she's bound to just unleash on the kid. At that moment I heard banging on her door, and I thought "cops". So there was no noise for a couple minutes and I was laying there wondering if I was a bad person for not calling, I also thought this woman is the worst mother ever and that she should watch one of those nanny shows cause they deal with this situation a lot.
Well soon after the knock I heard voices again. Being the person I am, and that's a nebby person, I listened closely to the conversation. It was the mom on the phone with her mom. I know this because she kept saying "well what am I suppose to do, mom". She also said she was sick of the kid, swore a bunch and I believe talked shit on the kids dad. I also learned that she's broke. And she said it was the cops that were at her door.

I heard all of this through the wall of my bedroom.

Brian slept through most of it but not me, I have become a light sleeper and didn't fall asleep again until after 3 am. I hate this woman and taking a little quote from the Sheaffers, I wish AIDS on her.
On a lighter note: Last night Brian and I went to an area not far from us to see bats. It seems that every night for a couple of weeks in the summer, hundreds of bats fly out of this tunnel. So the fish and game people built a viewing deck for people to watch the show. We traveled down along one of canals to get there, here's a shot of the sun setting over the canal.
We had a dust storm move through last night around dinner time, it looked like the end of days. We could see it coming, the sky was a crazy color and winds picked up. The bats were cool, they flew out of tunnel, totally silent, and went hunting for insects.
-Nina-

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hate bats. i actually have nightmares about them. they give me the heebie-jeebies. but they eat lots of bugs, so i guess that's a good thing.

by the way, about the neigbors...were they speaking in english or were you translating for us?

Nina said...

Oh it was English, pure white trash.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure the neighbors are not from Jeannette?

Anonymous said...

At least they don't diddle their dogs.

Anonymous said...

what's diddle?

Nina said...

Michelle,
By "virtually" do you mean Bryant?

-Brian