Monday, September 04, 2006

For the Birds

I have officially completed my training at the wildlife center and now I am a full fledged volunteer. I have to sign some papers to make it cool for me to handle endangered species, and I get a badge. Here are some photos of some of the birds I take care of. These guys are all used for educational purposes because they can no longer live in the wild. Some are injured and some are imprinted on humans.

Bailey- Turkey Vulture

Snickers- Great Horned Owl


Liberty- Bald Eagle

Coolidge- Ferruginous Hawk

Hedwig- Great Horned Owl

Apache- Golden Eagle

While Brian talked with the neighbor Louie yesterday, he learned 2 little nuggets of info. One of those nuggets is that every one of the houses in this neighborhood has to be painted by February. Oh well doesn't that suck? That would have been nice info to have from the bitch who sold us the house. What a whore to not mention it to us or to the real estate agent that we would need to do this. So now we must find a painter at a good price, and I am sure its not cheap. We are going to change the color. The house is slightly pink and we dont really like it all that much. We are going to call the HOA and look at the colors choices we have.

The second bit of info he got was that our windows should indeed have holes in the tracks. Now you are confused, but let me explain. You see every time it rains our windows, just the ones that slide sideways, get water in the tracks at the bottom. It makes us very mad that once again the whore did not disclose this information. So Brian mentioned it to the neighbor and he said oh I have little holes and water drains out. None of our sliders have holes on the inside, but they have the little hole on the outside to let the water drain. Is this a manufacturers defect? Brian is going to call the builder to find out what's up. If they do nothing then Brian is going to drill little holes and the problem hopefully solved. The joys of homeownership.

-Nina-

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd stay the F away from those critters...didn't you hear about Steve Irwin?

Puddled windows are the new flooded basements.

Anonymous said...

wooo, you have a badge, arent you special! can you arrest people harrassing endangered species? (guess steve irwin is out). When i come visit can we go to the bird place? can i adopt one? (not the turkey vulture!)
Since i am not a homeowner or a city dweller, forgive me, but whats w/ painting the house by feb? how often does this happen? and i guess you cant paint it any color right? (aurbergine is out?)

Nina said...

Actually Brian spoke with the HOA people and they said we dont have to paint. It was only certain homes that had to do it. The paint is looking streaky so the HOA wants it to be pretty and perfect. HOAs suck balls but the neighborhood is nice.
I will definitely take you to the bird place when you visit, when is that?

beckyd said...

Is that blood on the wall in the first picture?

Nina said...

Maybe, but I think its also mud and bird shit.