The first is the idea that the word historic should be preceded by the word an. All over the place, all over the news, everywhere, people are saying "an historic event." Since when is that correct? It's not! Back me up on this one Michelle Fertenbaugh. Any word that starts with a vowel or a vowel sound should be preceded by the word an. For example, "an easy test." The word easy starts with a vowel, e. Therefore it gets to have an in front of it. Another example, "an honorable man." The word honorable starts with a consonant, but it starts with the sound of an o. Therefore, it also gets to have an in front of it. The word historic, on the other hand, starts with the sound of an h. Therefore it should be preceded by a. Was this some sort of joke that the news people decided to play on us. They wanted to see if they could make up a new grammar rule and see if anyone noticed? Well, I noticed, and I won't stand for it.
The second is the idea that a cup of coffee costs $4. When did that happen? Coffee used to be 50 cents. Then Starbucks came along, and all of a sudden people are lined up to pay $4 for a cup. I have fallen victim to this cruel joke. I enjoy me some Starbucks on occasion. I don't enjoy the price, but I still buy it. What is wrong with us?
So now on to other stuff. Today I built a workbench for the garage. I am so happy to have a garage that is big enough to fit both cars and all of my tools, blocks of concrete, pieces of wood, and all the other stuff that I hoard. I do miss having a basement though. With no basement, things like holiday decorations and camping equipment have to be stored in the garage. So that makes it even better that our garage is big enough. The garage is the only room in the house where I can do whatever I want, with no annoying input from Nina. Freedom!
Here's a picture of my workbench. Pretty freakin awesome, isn't it? I will put up pegboard soon. Organization is my specialty.

Here's the ceiling fan we installed in the living room.

Here's the ceiling fan we installed in our bedroom.

-Brian-
5 comments:
an historic and a historic are both correct. people use an historic so as not to confuse a historic with ahistoric. word.
Seth has been compromised. We must sever all ties with him. He's one of THEM.
damn, he beat me too it. seth is right.
HOLYSHITDIDIACTUALLLYPUTTHATINWRITING?
no, what's more messed up is how some russian math whiz proved a rabbit is a sphere. explain that one to me.
There is no hole in the middle so its a sphere. Come on he explained it on the Colbert Report.
Post a Comment