Monday, May 15, 2006

Almost There....Not Really

We began the day by waking up in our empty house. It's a weird feeling to be in your house with no furniture and no belongings. It doesn't feel much like a home. As we got ready to leave, Nina asked, "How do you give a house a hug?" We weren't sure, so we just drove away. We went to settlement, where our house made us a lot of money. We are now thousandaires. That was nice, but I still miss our house. From there, we went to the bank to deposit the check, and then started our drive. Tux began the drive by peeing backwards horizontal. That's the only way I can describe it. He was standing up, peeing, and it was going away from his back in a level stream. I guess that's what stress does to a cat. For me, it has tied my stomach in knots for the past week. After some more drugs, the cats calmed down, and we had a fairly pleasant drive. We made it to Kentucky, and we are spending the night somewhere near Louisville.

We are excited for what is ahead, but we are both consumed with sadness for what we left behind. I hope that our friends realize how much they mean to us. We aren't very good at goodbyes, but I think Taylor said it best. It's not goodbye, it's see ya later.

-Brian-


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez- are you trying to make me cry every day? Make it stop!

I'm glad the closing went well, and you're on your way. And what's a little pee among traveling companions?

We're thinking about you guys as you head across the country. Be safe.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about your swing today. ..swinging in the wind by itself. I want to give it a hug.

anyway, hope your car doesn't smell like cat pee for the rest of the trip. did brian install rubber sheets?

we are thinking about you..hope you had a good driving day. work sucks.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you guys a lot today. Take it easy and (like Becky said) be safe. We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

hey dudes. Did you stop in time to catch Grey's? It was good! Post some pics of the drive- ya know the shitty reststop bathroom with inappropriate sayings on the wall.