Our Real Estate agent told us not to get upset if something goes wrong in the house right before settlement. She said that it always seems to happen; a faucet will start dripping or the dishwasher will break. Well it happened. We are 4 days from settlement, and we have a problem. I was watching Aeon Flux tonight, which is a very bad movie, but that is not the problem. As I was watching Charlize catch flies with her eyelashes and jump around in hot leather outfits, I heard a noise. Drip, drip, drip, drip. It must be outside, I thought. It is raining extremely hard, and the gutters are overwhelmed, so they are dripping onto the deck. When I went to the sliding glass door to check out the rain, I realized that the water was dripping inside the house. My sliding glass door was dripping from the upper frame. I freaked out. Not only was water dripping into my house, but it was dripping onto the laminate floor. Nina can tell you that I am a Nazi about keeping the laminate floor dry. Laminate floors cannot handle standing water, and this laminate floor is from IKEA, so you can imagine that it can't even handle someone saying the word water. The water gets into the seams and causes them to swell up and buckle. Luckily I caught the drip before it could do any damage. I will do some caulking on the outside tomorrow, and that should fix the problem. But maybe this is a sign. Maybe Nikole sabotaged our house so that we won't move.
-Brian-
1 comment:
Maybe you should have hired a professional to install your doors you cheap ass.
Post a Comment