Thursday, May 18, 2006

We Made It!

Hello everyone. We didn't get a chance to post last night. We are here! We made it to our new apartment around 11:00 last night, which is 2:00 AM Eastern (that is until I institute World Time).

We began yesterday morning at the Radison Hotel in Clinton, Oklahoma. I ordered some breakfast at the local restaurant. While I waited for my food, I listened to some locals talking. They were talking about how K-Mart has a shitty sporting goods department because they don't have any rattler traps. With that in mind, we got the hell out of Oklahoma. From there we went through Texas and New Mexico. Both were very boring. Along the way I learned that Nina really doesn't like cruise control. She always said she didn't like it, but I always assumed it was because in the Baltimore/Washington area you never really get a chance to use it. So here we were on a highway with almost no traffic, a 75 mph speed limit, with lanes that stretched straight ahead as far as the eye could see, and she still did not use cruise control. Crazy! Somewhere along the way, we hit a big pothole and then later we hit a 2x4 that was laying on the road. We didn't think much of it until we stopped at a McDonald's to pee. I looked at the right front tire and it had a bubble in the sidewall. No big deal, right? Just change the tire, right? Well in order to get to the spare tire, we had to remove everything from the car, including the cats and their cage. Eventually we were back on the road. My car has a full size spare, so at least we didn't have to drive 30 mph the rest of the way. Eventually we made it to our apartment.

So now we are here. We're currently stealing internet service from one of our stupid neighbors with no security on their wireless network. I don't feel bad.

Today we will look into getting a new tire for my car, get our cable TV and internet hooked up, and do some grocery shopping.

I don't know about Nina, but I feel very scared about all of this. I feel like we had made a nice life for ourselves in the 7 years that we were in MD, and now we are back to square one. But at the same time, I know that I don't want to stay in MD forever, and now is the best time to make the change.

Thank you Doshis for sending us the note in the mail. Thank you Dawn for calling us during our drive. Thank you everyone for the comments on this blog.
Oh and by the way it is 103 degrees, low 78 degrees. But its a dry heat...
-Brian-

Brian is handsome dude.
Nina is a beautiful goddess.
Hay! It's Texas.

George W's ranch.
Horray for New Mexico.

More horrays for Arizona.

The trip was going too well. Something bad had to happen. This is the same tire that I scraped against the curb in front of Seth's house.

Quite a mess, just to change a tire.

Forget scorpions and tarantulas. Arizona has T Rexes.

An Arizona sunset.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You made it! Did you christen every room in your new apartment yet?

Nina said...

No, but I've christened every bathroom.

Anonymous said...

yahoo!

Keep updating. We (I?) are dorks, and check every hour or so. This is my adventure right now. So keep it coming...