We got up around 7:30 am to go for a hike today. It was going to be only about 90 degrees today so we would be up and down before the heat of the day. We chose to hike Squaw Peak, about 15 minutes northwest of us. This is no small hike. Although it is only 2.5 miles round trip the elevation gain one way is 1200 feet. Needless to say, it took me longer than Brian to scramble over the rocks to reach the peak. There was a great breeze and I saw so many cool critters. I saw my first chuckwalla, which is a decent sized lizard.
And while we were resting at the top, I saw two golden eagles soaring above. On the way down we nearly got pegged in the head by a couple of hummingbirds. I love Arizona.Here is the city from the top.
Here is a golf course to entice those of you golfers to come and visit.
So we hiked back down and turned our legs into jelly. Now we are going to go swimming. Its a beautiful day here and I am thinking that yes, we did make a good choice. Change takes time to adjust to, and I will find a job, even if it takes time. What I miss though are friends and familiar people. That will never get easy to adjust to.
-Nina-
3 comments:
I have been thinking about you(Brian)all day. Like "I wonder what he is doing now?" "Setting up his computer" De-assing his desk chair with some Febreeze" I hope the first day went well and you weren't attacked by any killer ants or anything. Wuss. By the way, I thought your computer chair sucked as well, but I never said anyhting, because I harass you relentlessly about everything else, I figured I could let that one go. Thanks to everyone else for covering that one for me.
Brian - don't play any CDs on your work computer, do not stream music, and don't use your work email for personal messages. I've heard of companies firing people for it...read your IT policy front and back. Know it...understand it...live it.
Hope day one went well...Nina better have had a gourmet dinner ready for you when you returned.
i was thinking that you probably have those awful first day lulls as I was driving today. you know, the ones where they leave you alone for a little while, and you don't have any work yet, and you don't want to check your email (see mike's comment) and you're not sure if you remember where the bathroom is....i hate those moments. i'm sure your orientation with hr was great...we just want to hear about it, and about the dork that sits next to you in your cube/office.
Post a Comment