The lake was only about 30 minutes from us, past civilization. The sun started to peak out a bit and it was getting warmer so we said "lets go boating". We rented the boat for 3 hours and piled in.
Here is a picture of the boat:
Here is our captain:
The lake was beautiful, it was totally surrounded with cliffs and hills. What made me most happy today was that the saguaro catci are blooming right now and the flower is really cool. I just love the saguaro. We drove around and took in the sun and scenery. It ended up being a gorgeous day, about 90 degrees. We are apparently having a cold front.Here are some of the sites:


After dinner I took my parents to Scottsdale for a little siteseeing and shopping. Afterwards we went to a casino and lost some money. It was a good day and as I was driving my bug around Phoenix (for the first time), I felt good about my decision. Come and visit us soon.-Nina_
4 comments:
Why don't you marry a Saguaro?
Glad you guys are enjoying it. When we come out to visit, I think I may have to check out that lake.
Are you sure you were at a lake? Are you sure you were not seeing a mirage? Didn't you guys watch Bugs Bunny as kids, God! He saw them all the time and thought he was swimming, drinking water...you ARE in the desert, remember??
i hope you are wearing sunblock. brian, don't burn to a crisp.
you are so lucky to receive such nice belated wedding presents. that's what i call good friends. now you can hold down your papers as the air conditioner blows in your office.
Is that George Thorogood sitting behind Brian on the boat?
George
Post a Comment