I think it was 112 degrees today. I am not sure but a sign we drove by said it was. It is 109 degrees right now. Since it was going to be so hot today we thought we would check out a neighborhood I read about. The homes are from the 30's and it is close to downtown, sounded good to me. So off we went, but our stupid asses forgot the camera. We suck. As we drove around the Willo Historic District, we quickly fell in love. It was such a great neighborhood, the houses rocked, its so close to the city, I was sold. There were a few open houses going on so of course being the nebby people we are we stopped. We stepped inside and immediately knew we were out of our price range. The prices ranged from 415,000 to 682,000. The homes were gorgeous though, I want to live here sooooooooooooooo bad. We met a real estate lady who was from Churchill and went to PSU. She said once in while a home will come up for around 350,000. Sweet I am all over that.
After we tortured ourselves we decided to drive west to Glendale and Peoria. We were told by more than one person that these towns bit and we don't want to live here. That's fine, we believed them. We were curious though at why. Well yea, they did bite. Tiny lame downtowns, no mountain views, kinda trashy. We will be staying in the East Valley, thank you.
Now we were getting hungry and I wanted to try this restaurant that Dawn had read about. Pizzeria Bianco. It is in downtown Phoenix and was listed on my Vegan website so it was a win win deal. The city was crazy with Suns fans trying to get to the game so we parked about 3 blocks away. Well when its 112 out 3 blocks feels like 50. When we finally got to restaurant it was frickin closed. "New Hours" it said. Great we are starvin, dehydrated and kinda melting. Although, I will take walking in a city in 112 degree weather over 20 degree weather any day. Id rather sweat than have my skin freeze off. We ended up at this great little shopping area in the city (for the landscape not the shops) to chow down some Mexican food.
We came home and went swimming and now Brian is watching a skate video and I am blogging. We are going to go into Tempe tonight and check out the bars there. Hopefully tomorrow we will remember the camera.
-Nina-
Saturday, June 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey snots,
Don't forget that most of your peeps live up North in the so called cold zone, so lets not turn into a naysayer.
112 will melt me. Say what you want but thats frickin hot. I am getting hot just thinking about it.
Nina, your e-mail was about the sweetest thing I have read in ages. I feel for you and I just know things will work out. Everything has, up until this point, so there is no doubt it will continue to. You guys are just really good people and I beleive in Karma. Good thing will come because you are good people.
We love you guys so much and miss you daily.
We totally did feel your hug, It was great.
Dig and Hal
I'll give you $20 towards the house. You need to buy it.
Come on, you're hundred-thousandaires...
Post a Comment