Once we were up this morning we noticed that 2 of the screens were off the windows in the front. I am thinking that another cat was out there and caused the ruckus. Everything is cool now.
friends again
Why did I get up so early you ask. Well today was my first day for volunteer work at Liberty Wildlife Rescue. I spend about 2-3 hours in the morning feeding the rehab birds. Its pretty nuts, I have to go into an 8 x 5 cage with a hawk or owl and place a mouse of some gross dead thing on its perch. Then I have to change its water, pick up yesterdays leftovers and move on. Most of the birds are nice and are used to people so they are fine. Some are a little flighty (no pun intended) and will fly around while you are in there, nearly tangling in your hair. There are 3 eagles, I only feed one and shes not to be trusted. There are also vultures and crows and ravens. It seems easy and I like being around the birds. Its crazy standing so close to a red tailed hawk with its talons and beak, it's quite a large bird. The eagle is enormous, it could take me out. I go every week on Thursdays. I am in training for like 9 weeks or something.Yesterday we ordered our couches. We went to Crate and Barrel and finally got couches we like and will last. Here's what they look like. Below are the colors. The red is the couch and the strips are for the chair and ottoman. It takes like 8 weeks to get them though. boooo. Well that's all for now.
-Nina-

1 comment:
When I took Chuckly out to pee at 4:30 this morning, I saw a neighbor out watering his plants. WTF?
I like the couch!
Post a Comment